Thursday, October 23, 2008

7 weeks!

Week 7 was much like week 6 - plenty of crankiness and discussion of the finer points of baby's poop (who knew it could become such a mainstay of conversation...). But we're finding that, when he's in a good mood, he's become more interested in looking around at things in close view, like the toys on his playmat, or Mommy or Daddy making funny faces. His random arm flailings sometimes hit the playmat toys and make them move, but I don't think he's got cause and effect down yet.

And at 7 weeks he hasn't really noticed the bear in the picture yet :).

(apologies for the huge in-blog picture, it seems that something has changed about how Blogger scales things)

He's wearing the same blue suit, with the addition of some supercute babylegs and red socks. Even Andy, who is anti-baby-fashion, admits that the babylegs are functional because they don't get in the way of diaper changes the way pants do. And I'm maintaining a long sleeves and legs dressing rule, now that it's colder out and we're keeping the house a bit cooler. I may have to splurge on a couple more pairs.

I'll do another post later showing some tummy time adventures. Right now I'm going to try to do a couple of rows of BSJ before he wakes up!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Yeah for legwarmers!! Seriously, the girls and I love them. They were especially good when the girls were toddlers and pants or tights were a huge hassle to get on and off them.
I was thinking of Alison last week because I got to see the Yarn Harlot when she visited Cambridge.
Love, Carolyn