Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More back-dated knitting FOs


Documenting previous FOs...

#2 was the umbilical cord baby hat from Stitch and Bitch, knit for a college friend's newborn son. Finished Feb '07, made of TLC 'Amore' - I wanted a soft, washable acrylic, and this fit the bill. It came out well; my Mom turned out to have knit an afghan for my cousin out of the same yarn (I found this out after I bought mine) and recommended it, but warned that it tends to split, which it did somewhat on the icord part. Here, Cirrus is not-quite-modeling :)



March was a knitting, not a finishing month, I guess. #3 is was finished in early April, and is now my staple (huge) knitting bag - Brown Sheep lamb's pride bulky wool, knit according to a Fiber Trends pattern but with one strand bulky rather than 2 strands worsted, and felted reasonably aggressively.Oh, and there's some novelty yarn in there too :). I love how it came out, but the mohair content makes it rather fuzzy - I had to give it a good shave with Andy's beard trimmer! Shown before and after felting.

About the same time I finished 2 more baby hats for a friend having twins (and I still have tons of the TLC yarn left, now in two exciting colors). These baby hats were all knit on DPNs, by the way, but I have since taken a Magic Loop class and will probably go that way in the future. Much easier cast-on!


1 comment:

KT said...

Hey. So I found the blog... yay! Someday you'll have to show me the magic loop thing. It just doesn't work for me - I do two circulars a la "Socks Soar" and seem to be ok, though I have trouble starting from the small part of a circle and working outwards...

Very cute hats - and I love the bag! KT