Monday, June 18, 2007

Hello, sticky world!

It's bedtime, so of course I'm posting a brief note. Let's see, can I display a picture? My first finished object knitwise was a garter stitch scarf, of course, at the end of January 2007. (And of course, blogger won't rotate this, and Andy's homebuilt image management system won't either, so I'm stuck with sideways-Andy modeling. Or maybe it's the amazing gravity-defying husband (and scarf)!)

And, our first geocache find, back in 2001, was White Sand Beach, near Monterey, CA, where we had gone for an Andy's birthday / Thanksgiving getaway. The cache is long since gone, of course (though amazingly our 3rd cache find, at the Berkeley Marina, is still in existence), but I remember leaving Andy in the car with a sore back and making my way into the scrubby bushes by the beach to find treasure!

(gah, geocaching won't show archived caches, and won't show much cache data at all unless you're logged in. Sorry to the non-cachers out there (it's free to sign up with geocaching.com...)!!)

No comments: