Thursday, June 21, 2007

Finishing up FOs

Last FO, and from here on out it's all WIP (heh, that's a slightly different acronym at work!) until I actually finish something else. I made a lil lacy bag (pdf) for my Mom - an early mother's day present before my parents went off to Africa to visit my brother in Botswana:




The yarn is Araucania 'Pomaire', a lovely skein of variegated blues given to me for my birthday by my sister-in-law. It's 100% cotton and quite soft. This was my first (and so far only) lace knitting, and I quite enjoyed it once I had finished ripping out the first 5 rows for the third time! (I suspect that is common to first-time lace-knitters worldwide!)

Here's a detail of the stitching - the pattern came out quite nice. Andy (old-school D&D player) likened it to a hip pouch. I haven't heard from Mom yet if she found any small treasures in Africa to store in it.

Next post: WIP! And possibly geocaching, too!

As a preview, let me post a random geocaching/PNW (that's Pacific Northwest, of course) picture from Memorial day weekend. We canoed across a gorgeous mountain lake and found a geocache on the other side...

Finally, congrats to KT on posting her first patterns for sale! They're supercute! I think I need to find some of that yarn...

1 comment:

KT said...

Hey. Love the lace bag - I've been eyeing that stitch pattern for a while. The SWS is scratchier than you think it should be, but felts pretty well (make sure you put it in a pillowcase to felt it - it sheds). I've posted questions for the joint tote project on the blog... :) KT