Saturday, June 30, 2007

KT collaboration bag, part one.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a lovely skein of Malabrigo worsted in variagated colorway 'verdes' at a very nice yarn shop in Hood River, OR (we were camping semi-nearby, and came into town to escape relentless rain). There was a sample felted bag in the store with a note that it could be made from just one skein (217 yards - a fairly long skein). And it was only $10.50, and I need a smaller bag to go with the giant felted one I've already made - how could I resist?
Later that week, I discovered that my college roomie, KT, had a knitting blog and was in fact a published pattern-writer. (as she put it, we are terrible about keeping in touch, but love each other anyway :)). In fact, her blog was the inspiration for me to start this one! Anyway, her specialty is bags, so I figured I'd ask her what I should do with this lovely soft, green yarn. She emailed me a list of questions to help her in determining the best design. Then I started my blog, and we decided that we'd collaborate on the bag via our blogs! So she posted her questions, and soon I will answer them!

No comments: