Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bumbo bumbo bumbo bumbo... (and sweaters)

One of those words that's just fun to say! Til we took an interest in baby gear, we had no idea what a Bumbo was. Is it a variant of the cheesehead?

No, silly Andy, it's a baby seat for babies who can't sit up yet! Technically they're supposed to have complete head control, which Malcolm doesn't quite, but he's small enough that the back supports his head a bit, and he can hold it up really well when he wants to.

He will sit in the Bumbo while I have my breakfast in the morning... and it makes a great seat to showcase knitted sweaters...
Yes, I finally finished his Baby Surprise jacket! Just in time, too, since it just fits him. I'll try to block it bigger when I remember to wash it. This was made with line by line notes by Dawn Adcock to help keep track of where I was. It was a fun knit which would have been pretty quick had I not started it 6 days before he was born, just 3 days before I went into labor! After that, it took me about 11 weeks to get through it :). Here's another view on his playmat, where Malcolm likes to gaze and swat at his ladybug and his sun:
My knitting goals are much reduced for the rest of the year - just a scarf for a Christmas gift, which I really need to get working on. And I guess I'll need a project for the flight to Boston, assuming Mr. M. cooperates and sleeps for a good bit.

Here is the promised other view of the lovely blue sweater, one of a couple his Grandma brought from Boston for him. Grandma, you need to put these on Ravelry!

2 comments:

kewd said...

Ah yes, the bumbo seats! We got rid of ours after Zach and Izzy started standing on them trying to get to higher ground. Haha. But they were good for the first year :)

I love the colorful sweaters, and he is looking cute as ever.

Carolyn said...

Two updates. Malcolm's fan club in Somerville MA was very excited. We like Andy's idea for alternative uses for the chair. :)
Your sweater for him is gorgeous! I love the colors. I like EZ's designs, but I remember when I made her surplice for a friend's baby that the sleeves were unusually short. I need to try one of her adult designs one day.
We can not wait to see you!!
Speaking of that, if you would like I could try to take a vacation day while you are here. I would need to know soon though because I can probably get only one and most days are already claimed by co-workers. (I have an odd situation being "on counter" which means my ability to take a day is more limited.)