Thursday, November 20, 2008

11 weeks!

Hey, a more-or-less-on-time post!

Malcolm turned 11 weeks yesterday! He's still a cranky baby if things are not going right to his specifications, but he has really turned on the smiles lately. His whole face just lights up, and he sticks his tongue partly out... it's so cute! He must think I'm some kind of crazed clown since I'm always just grinning at him trying to elicit a grin from him.

Of course he won't smile on cue in the chair for his weekly picture - maybe one of these weeks. Instead I get the "mommy, what are we doing here" expression again :). But I will post smiles in a different entry!

He seems to be starting to grasp at things, too - we made a mall expedition on Sunday, and at the food court he was awake in his carseat/stroller, with his little hands just grabbing at his blanket edge and the little toy we have attached there. And while I was trying things on and Andy was doing mall laps with him, Andy report that he grabbed his pacifier and waved it around. I don't think these grabbings are too intentional yet, but the hands are opening up and grasping. I can't wait til he is really reaching for toys instead of just batting around. Fun stuff!

I, of course, am getting pretty much nothing done except baby care and the occasional blog entry. But I guess that is to be expected. If only I had a nap predictor which could tell me which would be 2 hours and which would be 30 minutes! I expect he will get on a more routine schedule in the next couple of months, though that will be interrupted by Christmas travel (lookout fellow passengers on the PDX-BOS flight, cranky!Malcolm is onboard!). At least our sleep is decent (knock on wood) - he usually wakes up to eat just once at night. On the other hand, it's been months and months since I've had a complete night of sleep, since my whole 3rd trimester of pregnancy was plagued by back pain when lying down, and of course the whole pressure-on-the-bladder-causing-multiple-bathroom-trips issue. Well, I assume he'll sleep through the night sometime in the next few years!

Enough rambling, time to watch Andy make dinner :)

1 comment:

kewd said...

Well Zach and Izzy are 16 months old and I haven't slept the whole night through in at least 20 months.