Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lace Hat continued...

I'm almost almost done with the Peek-a-boo Cloche from Lace Style. I've now officially run out of purple for the top outer layer (just before the decreasing starts, dang, that would have been a better breaking point). But the blue will do, and it's so nice and squishy and soft, and almost done... Of course the nice thing about working magic loop on a long circular is that you can pull the needle ends out, leave the cable in, and try it on!
See the green poking through the lace? It's actually a bit brighter - like new spring leaves - in person. Yum.

Oh, and I ordered a ball winder (snicker) from Joann.com using a 50% off coupon. Yay! I am not particularly fond of winding the skeins by hand, so this should be useful, considering some of the stash acquisition that has occured recently.. And we may try to make a homemade swift as well... we (mostly Andy) built a workbench in the garage last spring, but it hasn't gotten much use yet. This might be a nice first major project for it. Check it out in Andy's much-neglected blog (scroll down 3 posts to the one labeled "Workbench!" - it's homemade blogging software and doesn't let you link to just one post)

Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week? What the heck?!?

3 comments:

picperfic said...

oooh that hat is lovely, I might just have to order that book, it's been on my wish list for ages!

lhd said...

ball winders? swifts? hmm, more stuff I never knew I needed! Most of the yarn I use comes in skeins, most of the pretty stuff is wool and too itchy for me... Love the hat, the colors are great, and so is the pattern. Hey, Kid, you are good!

cindybmw2004 said...

Yes the options were mine from my Secret Pal 11. I'm using them now on a sweater. So far so good! Love the hat! :)