Sunday, November 4, 2007

Frust-lace-ion

Taking a break from my hat to do a little blogging. I got comfortably into the lace outer shell pattern (well, 7 rows in, enough to start to get a sense of the thing), dropped a couple of stitches, must have left my guard down and didn't pick them up correctly, and ended up with a huge hole and several lonely horizontal strand waving at me. Gah! So I just ripped it back and am in the process of trying to get the stitches up on the needle again. Lesson: Lace in front of football = not a good idea, even if you're not paying particular attention (Dallas / Philly; we're just recovering from hosting a Pats/Colts game party).

But, in related news, the twins for whom I knit the booties of a few posts ago were here for the party, and their parents told me the booties are not too small! Yay! I had dropped them off with their dad at work on Friday. I am promised pics in action, but in the meantime, do admire the cuteness of Zach and Izzy - I especially like the halloween costume pics!

Anyway... as a diversion from the lace-tastrophe (OK, I'm being dramatic, but it's fun...), I wanted to point the small but wonderful readership of this blog over to my college roomie KT's blogiversary contest! Give her an idea or two for Christmas knitting (she's looking for fave patterns for fingerless gloves, bulky hats, bags, felted bowls, and other things) and you might win! And of course, if you have a blog, you can get another entry for posting about the contest there. She's also got mad free patterns if you're looking for some inspiration of your own.

OK. Break accomplished. I think I'll head to the living room and knit to music instead of football. Speaking of music, I'm bummed - the Decemberists just cancelled their tour. We were looking forward to seeing them again in December, though at least we just saw them in July at a rocking outdoor show in Portland. They say that an unspecified bandmember is ill, which in any other band would be code for "in rehab", but since they play the music they do ("hyperliterate Prog Rock" according to Stephen Colbert) I tend to believer them at face value. Feel better, unspecified Decemberist!

No comments: