Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mini-vacation and dishcloth topic

I'm blogging from the Portland airport (gotta love free wi-fi) - we're waiting to board our flight to San Francisco, where we'll spend a long long weekend for our 5th anniversary! We don't have many specific plans - dinner at Chez Panisse in Berkeley (where we never went while I was in grad school!), seeing the musical Sweeney Todd, and getting dim sum are about the only things we know for certain. I will definitely be checking out yarn shops - Artfibers looks really interesting, and is only a few blocks from our hotel :)

So over at the dishcloth swap, we are being "incentivized" to blog at least once a week by answering questions about our knitting habits, with posted answers qualifying as entries for a drawing for prizes at the end of the swap. Sounds good to me! Here's this week's topic:

Now that in some geographic locations the weather is starting to turn cooler, do you change the type of yarn(s) you knit/crochet with? If so, what do you now knit/crochet with instead and why? If not, why do you not switch and what do you knit/crochet with?

Well, I haven't been knitting a full year yet, and this is my first fall. I suspect that what I knit will change (looking towards Christmas presents, scarves, hats, etc), but maybe not so much the composition. The idea of wool in summer doesn't scare me, as here in Oregon the summers are at least dry (though they can be hot). It's true, I have been putting off a sweater for Andy because there seemed to be no point to knitting it during the summer, but it's acrylic anyway as wool makes him itch. But I have some wool lined up for other folks' presents. I guess I'm still pretty much a newbie and figuring out what I like to knit with - I'm looking forward to trying some bamboo, chitin, soy, etc yarns just for the fun of it!!


Oops, boarding is starting soon! San Fran, here we come!

2 comments:

lhd said...

hope you're having a nice vacation, and a happy anniversary....hard to believe that lovely day was 5 years ago! on the knitty front: bet there are lots of nice yarn stores around there.....

GirlyWithATwist said...

Hope you had a great anniversary!!!