Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sushi, 10 months later (plus corn)

Back when Malcolm was one month old, we took him to our local sushi restaurant.

He wasn't too impressed by the menu

or the foodbut conveniently slept through the meal, allowing us to eat in (relative) peace.

10 months later, eating out is not exactly peaceful, usually, but can be a lot of fun! The neighborhood sushi place is still a favorite, and they've even expanded. Malcolm is happy to look at (or chew on, or throw around) the menu...


And eat yummy noodles, and tofu, and green beans, and rice, and teriyaki salmon...

And wash it down with a sippy of water.

Mmm, sushi.
(actually, we are holding off on giving him raw fish for a while yet, but much of the rest of the Japanese cuisine is baby friendly)

One very cute pic from tonight - we had fresh corn (must be August!) for the first time this season, and after Malcolm and I had our kernels (which had been scraped from the cobs - we are both dentally challenged, me more so than him in the lateral incisor department), we gave him the denuded cobs. They amused him for a while and then he was ALL DONE. Here he demonstrates the ALL DONE sign (though he also uses it for "Oh My Gosh I Just Spotted The Kitchen Clock Up There!")
Hopefully I'll be better at updating this blog going forward. Feel free to find me on Facebook, too, where the short updates are more frequent but the pictures are fewer (shoot me a note if you don't know my full name but want to friend me :).

2 comments:

Mark said...

Malcolm is getting so big! He's just adorable.

kewd said...

Good to see some new photos! He is getting so darned big!