Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thank you, KT!

Last summer I picked up a skein of Malabrigo Worsted, and my erstwhile college roomie KT volunteered to design a one-skein felted bag for it. Well, just in time for Malabrigo March, she's come out with the pattern!

It's here (along with her other posts in our bag-design conversation - my half is here). Isn't it gorgeous? I think the thing about Malabrigo is that it's so soft and pretty, it's tempting to pick up a skein here, a skein there... and so a cute 1-skein pattern ought to be in high demand! KT, if you make a million bucks on this pattern, then you'll owe me dinner :D!

I will probably pick up a new skein to make this with, as I knit a pretty substantial felted gauge swatch from it and might run out of yarn. Plus, the watermelon-y color combo of my current skein is really cute, but maybe more suited to a scarf or perhaps some slippers for the Bip (as we are calling the baby-to-be). And I haven't bought any new yarn in a while, so it will be a nice excuse to go a-hunting.

But before I can start my eponymous tote, I need to finish my SIFfing gloves (Ravelry link). I'm 50% plus a tiny bit done (i.e. I finished the right hand and have knit 3 rows on the left) and hopefully it will go much faster than the almost 2 months it took its mate! Look, here's the finished one:(posing amidst the tax papers - ack, April 15th is not far away!)



I am quite pleased with how the fingerlets came out, since the original pattern is purely fingerless. Now, hopefully I made good enough notes that I can replicate them for the left glove!

Other notes: Bip and I are doing well, getting some energy back, still very well taken care of by Andy the Maker of Dinner... we have our 20week ultrasound scheduled in 3 weeks, right before we go to Boston to visit family. Yes, we are pretty sure we'll find out the sex (if the Bip cooperates!)...

1 comment:

kewd said...

Love the name...the bip :)