Monday, August 6, 2007

Tank top, finished!


(pictures before the weaving in, as evidenced by the long flyaway in the left picture. Also note Andy's shadow, taking the picture)

Finished last week sometime! The sewing-up was actually kinda fun, once I got into it, though it took longer than I'd hoped. It came out pretty well fitted, overall - I'm glad I made the Small instead of the Medium, even though it was supposed to have 5" negative gauge. Either my gauge loosened up or (more likely) the cotton-acrylic blend stretched a bit. It's easy to find flaws with it, of course - my cables aren't symmetric, the design doesn't have any shaping to the back so it's kinda baggy, and of course, a tank top in worsted-weight is a tad heavy.

But overall I'm happy with it. Yay, first big project, done! and wearable! Let's see what Sasha thinks!
hmm, what is this thing? Oh, of course, it's a cat bed!

2 comments:

LissaDora said...

Hi, found you via the Fall into Autumn swap.

Your kitty Sasha looks like a littermate to my kitty Drake:
http://pics.livejournal.com/lissa_dora/pic/0000k566/g6

Alison said...

LissaDora, Drake looks like such a sweetie! Does he like to sit on knitting too?